Librarians and staff are available to help you online while campus is closed. See our Library Research and Instruction During Campus Closure Guide for information about available library services.
If you have requested an item for pick-up, then please do not come to campus until you receive an email that your item(s) are ready. Due to campus staff limitations this can take up to three business days.
Find Books, Articles, eBooks and More
Fall 2021 LIBR Classes
Want to make your research process easier? Take a LIBR course! LIBR courses:
- Are 100% online
- Have no textbook costs
- Have no prerequisites
- Are asynchronous – no scheduled meeting times
- Are available as 2nd and 3rd five-week sections
For full descriptions and availability, Search Class Schedules.
LIBR 318: Library Research and Information Literacy
This 1-unit course provides a step-by-step guide to the research process that is applicable to term papers, course work, and life-long learning.
- Five Week – Second (September 28 to November 1) – LEC Section 10789
- Five Week – Third (November 2 to December 9) – LEC Section 10919
LIBR 325: Internet Research Skills
This 3-unit course is a comprehensive survey of the content, use, and evaluation of electronic information sources. Emphasis is placed on the effective use of the Internet as a research tool.
- Full Term (August 21 to December 16) – LEC Section 10262
Librarians are available 24/7 via chat.
Research Help Desk:
(916) 484-8455 for questions about your library account, renewals, and overdue fines.
Find answers to popular library questions, including:
- How can I access textbooks for my classes?
- When and where can I pick up library materials I've requested?
- How do I borrow books and other library materials during the campus closure?
American River College Library
4700 College Oak Drive
Sacramento, CA 95841-4217
Antiracism: A Collection of eBooks and Videos
Explore what it means to be antiracist by reflecting on the actions, attitudes, and policies that actively oppose racism and lead to justice in our communities.