Librarians and staff are available to help you online while campus is closed. See our Library Research and Instruction During Campus Closure Guide for information about available library services.
Find Books, Articles, eBooks and More
Spring 2021 LIBR Classes
Want to make your research process easier? Take a LIBR course! LIBR courses:
- Are 100% online
- Have no textbook costs
- Have no prerequisites
- Are asynchronous – no scheduled meeting times
- Are available as 2nd and 3rd five-week sections
Spring 2021 Offerings
For full descriptions and availability, search class schedules.
LIBR 102: Introduction to Library Resources
This 1-unit course introduces basic library services and resources.
- Five Week – Second (February 25 to April 7) – LEC Section 11936
- Five Week – Third (April 8 to May 12) – LEC Section 10262
LIBR 318: Library Research and Information Literacy
This 1-unit course provides a step-by-step guide to the research process that is applicable to term papers, course work, and life-long learning.
- Five Week – Second (February 25 to April 7) – LEC Section 12081
- Five Week – Third (April 8 to May 12) – LEC Section 10856
LIBR 325: Internet Research Skills
This 3-unit course is a comprehensive survey of the content, use, and evaluation of electronic information sources. Emphasis is placed on the effective use of the Internet as a research tool.
- Full Term (January 16 to May 19) – LEC Section 10263
Librarians are available 24/7 via chat.
Research Help Desk:
(916) 484-8455 for questions about your library account, renewals, and overdue fines.
Find answers to popular library questions.
American River College Library
4700 College Oak Drive
Sacramento, CA 95841-4217
Antiracism: A Collection of eBooks and Videos
Explore what it means to be antiracist by reflecting on the actions, attitudes, and policies that actively oppose racism and lead to justice in our communities.