View the following faculty and staff resources for all pertinent needs.
Use the Instruction Request Form to request:
- An in-person or online library orientation for your class
- Class resources, such as a Research Guide
To ensure access to this form please first sign in using your Los Rios Single Sign-on, which you can access under the Employee Login tab on this page. Please see Library Instruction FAQ for more information.
Faculty may request up to 2 chapters of a single textbook that is available at ARC (not another LRCCD college library) for scanning. The library cannot scan an entire textbook as this would violate Fair Use laws.
Faculty Textbook Scanning Request Form
The Research Tutorials page includes:
- Short video tutorials; if you use Canvas, consider adding links or embedding them in your course. You can use the Instruction Request Form above to request specific tutorials for your class assignment(s). Please allow at least two weeks for the creation of customized instructional materials.
- Online copies of handouts
- ARC Library Research Tutorials in Canvas
- Encourage students to self-enroll by sharing this link.
- You can ask your students to do just a few, or all of the modules. Students will earn certificates of completion for each module.
- If you have any questions, please contact Kate Williamson at (916) 484-8197 or email@example.com.
Is there a specific film you'd like to show students? Please use this Film Request Form and the library will try and acquire it. Please note:
- Not all films are available for libraries to license.
- We can only acquire films with closed captions.
- The purchasing of streaming film is contingent on the availability of funds.
Faculty and staff guides include directions and information about our resources and services, such as how to embed a librarian, download an eBook, resources for Natomas Center faculty, and more.
See our Course Reserves page for FAQs, policies, and reserve information.
To put an item on reserve (e.g. your course textbook, videos, etc.):
- Print and fill out the Reserves Form
- Bring it with the reserve item to the Circulation Desk in the library
For copyright information, see Resources about Copyright Issues by the ARC Instructional Technology Center.