What is Institutional Accreditation?
Accreditation is a voluntary, independent review of educational programs to determine that the education provided is of uniform and sound quality. Being awarded accreditation ensures that an institution has been evaluated and that it met set standards of quality determined by the accrediting organization granting the accreditation. A college's accreditation is maintained by continued adherence to the set criteria. Courses offered at an accredited institution generally are transferable to other institutions and qualify for financial aid.
American River College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Post-secondary Accreditation and the US Department of Education.
ARC will undergo a comprehensive review for reaffirmation of accreditation in 2022. The review will follow a formative/summative model and will take place in two portions. First, there will be a review of the Institutional Self Evaluation Report (ISER) that the college is preparing to show how it meets the expectations for accreditation. Following this initial review, the College will receive a set of Core Inquiries that the review team would like to know more about. Second there will be a focused site visit for the review team to gather additional information via interviews, data requests, and meetings to discuss the Core Inquiries. The Team ISER Review and Focused Site visit will inform the review team’s report. This will be reviewed by the commission to direct the decision on the college’s reaffirmation. ARC’s review will take place during the following timeframes:
Team ISER Review: February 23, 2022
Focused Site Visit: Week of October 10, 2022
Any member of the college community or public may submit a third-party comment by completing the Commission’s online third-party comment form . A third-party comment assists the Commission as it considers applications for candidacy, accreditation, or reaffirmation of accreditation.
ACCJC Contact Information
Additionally Accredited Programs
The following American River College programs are accredited by other external agencies.
- The Automotive Technology Program is accredited by the National Automotive Technical Education Foundation (NATEF).
- The Dietary Manager (Dietary Service Supervision) option is accredited by the California State Department of Public Health.
- The Fire Technology Program is accredited by the California State Fire Marshal's Office.
- The Funeral Service Education Program is accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education (ABFSE).
- Address: 992 Mantua Pike, Suite 108, Woodbury Heights, NJ 08097
- Phone: (816) 233-3747
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Human Services option, Chemical Dependency Studies, is accredited by the California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals.
- The A.S. Nursing Program is accredited by the California State Board of Registered Nursing.
- The Paramedic Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
- Address: 361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756
- Phone: (727) 210-2350
- The Respiratory Care Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Address: 1248 Harwood Road, Bedford, TX 76021
- Phone: (817) 283-2835
American River College
Certificate of Accreditation
March 5th, 2018