Clubs and Student Government
The Associated Student Body (ASB):
The officially recognized student group that represents all students on campus and is sanctioned by the ARC President and chartered by the Board of Trustees. Elected representatives and students on committees work to ensure the students' voice is represented at the decision-making bodies of the college. The ASB also promotes activities on campus that stimulate the intellectual and social life of our college students.
The Associated Student Body is divided into three sectors: Student Senate, Club and Events Board (CAEB), and Joint Budget Committee (JBC).
The ASB promotes educational activities and retention programs on campus. Representatives of the ASB are elected and/or appointed and may serve on campus and district wide standing committees. The ASB advocates for students' interests by investigating, writing, and passing legislation that addresses the needs and concerns of the students.
Associated Student Body meetings are open to the public and students are encouraged to attend. Associated Student Body meeting agendas can be found on the Center for Leadership and Development website and the posting board next to the club room.
Through your involvement with ASB, you will be participating in activities and events that will encourage personal growth as well as enrich your overall college experience.
- Student Senate Meetings And Location
- When in session, meetings are held every Friday at 10:30 am on Zoom unless otherwise announced.
- Clubs & Events Board Meetings And Location
- When in session, meetings are held every Tuesday at 10:30 am on Zoom unless otherwise announced.
- Joint Budget Committee Meetings And Location
- When in session, meetings are held on Thursdays on Zoom unless otherwise announced.
ARC has more than 50 recognized student clubs on campus.
Join a student club or organization and get involved in life at the College. Student clubs are great opportunities to explore different ideas, develop interests or just socialize. Membership is open to all ARC students. Your interest and passion is the life-blood of this campus and it is the reason American River College is such a lively place. ARC Students are the character of this school and the ingenuity of its campus.
Running a club is a lot of work, it takes time, energy, and creativity to keep any club running. It takes dedication. You may have experience with clubs or Student Government and that is indeed helpful, but every Club is different. They will all need something new from you.
You have a unique opportunity to improve someone’s experience on this campus, a chance to inspire a fellow student, a chance to unite around a common passion, or, perhaps, a chance to make some lifelong friends. You have so many chances; take them! You might just surprise yourself.
Explore a Club or Organization
- All Arts Bond
- American Medical Students Association
- Black Student Union
- Chess Club
- Dedicated to Change
- Computer Science Club
- English Language Learner & Immigrant Support (ELLIS) Club
- Environmental Protection Club
- Future Educators Club
- Gender and Sexuality Alliance
- Honors Club
- JESA Natomas
- Improv Club
- International Life Club
- Model United Nations
- Motorsports Club
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- Progressive Democrats Club
- Sociology Club
- Student Nurse Association
- Take a Hike Club
- Women in STEM