Admissions and Records
While serving students currently through 100% remote operations, please email the Admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding enrollment dates and deadlines, student petitions, ordering official transcripts, re-setting your password, submitting documents or have other related admissions questions.
For all questions related to petitions please email the Admissions office at email@example.com Note: When submitting a petition please attach all required supporting documents and a screen shot of your photo ID.
During your studies, we answer your questions, help you interpret policies pertaining to enrollment, provide degree planning tools, maintain your student records, and verify enrollment and GPA. As graduation nears, we assist you with applying for your associate degree and diploma, offer guidance to meet all degree requirements, or transfer and verify completion of those requirements.
Current Students may request official transcripts through eServices. Click Request Official Transcript in the Academic Records section on the eServices home page.
Alumni and past students may request official transcripts using the college links below. Orders may require an additional faxed release form. Order via Credentials Inc.
Order Your Official Transcripts Online
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, transcript ordering must take place online. Transcripts will be processed once a week; there is no option for pick-up, Fed-Ex, or rush orders. Thank you for your patience during this unprecedented time.
The Los Rios Community College District has partnered with Credentials, Inc., to provide a secure and easy-to-use service for ordering transcripts online. This online request service will provide students and alumni at each college:
- Access to request official college transcripts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Automatic email and text-messaging communication during every step of the ordering process
- Online order status updates
- There is a minimum 14 business day processing time for orders (even if it is an electronic order).
- Authorization to release student records, as required by law
- Customer service assistance at 847-716-3005, Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m., Central time and Fridays, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Central time (for transcript order information only)
The preferred and quickest method to order your transcript is through the Credentials portal within eServices. If you can no longer log on to eServices, you may also order through the Los Rios District Office website, visit the Credentials Inc. website , or order by phone through Credentials Customer Service line at (847) 716-3005 (additional surcharges may apply).
Click here to download and print transcript form. Please make sure to sign the transcript request before submitting it to the Admissions Office.
If you cannot use the form and wish to submit your own written request, use the "Written Request Option," below.
Written Request Option
• Print your first, middle and last name (including any names you were registered under, if these have changed)
• Birth date
• Dates of attendance at American River College
• Number of copies to be sent
• Where the copies should be sent, or if you plan to pick up your transcript(s) at ARC's Admissions office.
• Your signature and printed name
• Your phone number
• Your email
• Hold for (if applicable):
• Grades for ___ (semester), ____ (year)
• Grade Change from ___ to ____
• Degree or Certificate to be posted
Send your form/request to:
American River College
4700 College Oak Drive
Sacramento, CA 95841
- Transcripts held for grades for the current, in-progress term will not be processed until a specific date, as detailed on each college's website. You will want to check that your most current grades are included by viewing your unofficial transcript in eServices.
- Transcripts will NOT be processed unless all outstanding obligations to Los Rios CCD are cleared (including balances due, equipment, security, library and financial holds).
- In accordance with the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), a student-written authorization with a signature is required to release transcripts (unless online request is automatically verified through eServices or automated authentication). Pick-up by a third party requires a written, signed authorization to release the transcript.
- Work-In-Progress will automatically be included for currently enrolled courses.
- You are responsible for providing accurate mailing addresses. Replacement transcript requests resulting from inaccurate mailing addresses are subject to the normal transcript fee.
- Transcripts cannot be ordered by telephone except directly through Credentials, Inc., with an additional operator surcharge fee.
Note: Regular Service - mailed out by college within 14 business days
- Standard processing transcripts cost $5 each. Students are granted two (2) free transcripts. Standard processing time is 14 business days, except during peak times when it may be longer. All standard processing transcripts are mailed regular first-class mail unless sent electronically to a college partner.
- Responsibility for handling transcript requests in a prompt and efficient manner is of utmost concern to Los Rios and its colleges. We are not responsible, however, for mishandling by the U.S. Postal Service or the destination school or agency. Replacement copies cannot be issued without the normal transcript fee.
- Electronic transcripts will be sent whenever possible to our college partners accepting these transcript formats. Other official transcripts will be printed by each college's Admissions & Records office and mailed. The PDF transcript that is produced using this service contains the identical information as the printed transcript and can be certified as unaltered by uploading the file to the company's website that is provided during the delivery process. Los Rios has granted Credentials, Inc. the authority to deliver all such electronic transcript requests on behalf of each of the district's four college and to respond to any inquiries regarding the transactions.
American River College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree, enrollment, and loan deferments verifications to students and agencies as required.
Contact the National Student Clearinghouse:
American River College will keep verifying child care, health insurance, automobile insurance, or good-driver discount enrollment verifications. These requests can be made by mail, by fax, or in person.
If you cannot use the form and wish to submit your own written request, use the “Written Request Option” below.
Written Request Option
- Print your first, middle and last name (including any names you were registered under if these have changed)
- Your Student ID Number
- Your current address and phone number
- The semester to be verified
- Address where the verification is to be sent
- Your signature and printed name
Send your form/request to:
American River College
4700 College Oak Drive
Sacramento CA 95841
If you cannot use the form and wish to submit your own written request, see “Written Request Option” below.
Fax your form/request to:
- Telephone requests are not accepted.
- Verifications can be mailed, picked up, or faxed.
- A photo ID is required for release of any personal information.
- Verifications will not be released to a second party without written permission from student.
- Allow 3 to 5 working days for processing, plus mail delivery time. During registrations time, please allow 5 to 7 working days for processing.
Admissions and Records Forms
Select link below to download or print a PDF version of a form on the related topic:
|I need to:||Form||Example Completed Form|
|Add a class after the last day to enroll||Late Add Petition||Late Add Petition|
|Repeat a course beyond the normal number of attempts||Course Repeat Petition||Course Repeat Petition|
|Enroll in two overlapping courses||Time Conflict Petition||Time Conflict Petition|
|Exceed the maximum number of units in a term||Exceed Unit Petition||Exceed Unit Petition|
|Drop with a 'W' notation beyond the deadline||Student Petition||Student Petition|
|Drop with no notation beyond the deadline|
|Remove a debt/request a refund beyond the deadline|
|Course substitution/equivalency for graduation/certificate||Course Substitution Equivalency||Please see counselor|
Effective Fall 2016, students with two consecutive primary terms (Spring/Fall) of probation or dismissal will no longer be eligible for the California College Promise Grant (formerly the Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOG)). You may appeal this loss of California College Promise Grant for the reasons listed on the appeal form only. You must provide documentation for consideration of your appeal.
Effective for the summer/fall 2014 registration cycle, students with more than 90 degree-applicable units completed within the Los Rios District and students with two consecutive terms of probation or dismissal will no longer be eligible for priority registration. You may appeal this loss of priority registration each term for the reasons listed on the appeal form only. You must provide the required documentation for consideration of your appeal.
- Use this form to change or update your name, gender, birth date phone number. Address, or high school graduation status. This should be submitted to Recadmis@arc.losrios.edu for processing.
- The Admissions Office must receive this form before the published deadline established for your class. Please check the class schedule/website for deadlines
- Use this form to add or drop classes at the Admissions Office. Classes after the last day to enroll, as listed in the class schedule and website, require signatures from both the instructor and the division dean. A Student Petition Form is required, which you can find in Admissions and Records Office or the eServices Center.
- This form provides information on companies which evaluates foreign transcripts.
Many courses have prerequisite courses that must be completed and passed before enrollment. Prerequisites are listed in the course description in eServices. Be sure you've met the prerequisites for a course before enrolling.
- You will need to provide proof of passing the prerequisite course the first day of class except for mathematics and English courses.
- Students enrolling in any mathematics or English course must have the prerequisite verified before enrolling.
Automated Math and Prerequisite Checking
As part of a new prerequisite checking process, students enrolling in any math or English course must have their prerequisite verified before enrollment effective with spring 2015 registration.
- If you have taken and passed the prerequisite course at a Los Rios College (ARC, CRC, FLC, or SCC), you are ready to register.
- If you have assessed into a math or English course by taking an assessment test at Los Rios College, you are ready to register.
- If you are currently enrolled in one of the Los Rios prerequisite courses, you are okay to register. However, you must earn a C or better, or you will be dropped from the higher level course.
- Prerequisites are not automatic for students who have taken a course outside of the Los Rios Community College District. Note: Non-Los Rios coursework that is in progress will not be accepted as proof of meeting a prerequisite.
a. Only the course on the pre-approved list will be automatically approved by the Admissions staff.
b. If your prerequisite course is listed on the pre-approved list, please complete the clearance form and bring a printed copy of your transcript (office or unofficial) to Admissions or Connect Center.
Prerequisite Equivalency Form: Prerequisite Equivalency Form
Get help with admissions, including application and registration. Visit the Connect Center inside the Welcome and Support Center building.