Many courses have prerequisite courses that must be completed and passed before enrollment. Prerequisites are listed in the course description in eServices. Be sure you've met the prerequisites for a course before enrolling.
- You will need to provide proof of passing the prerequisite course the first day of class except for mathematics and English courses. Consult a counselor for more information.
- Students enrolling in any mathematics or English course must have the prerequisite verified before enrolling.
Automated English and Math Prerequisite Checking
As part of a new prerequisite checking process, students enrolling in any math or English course must have their prerequisite verified before enrollment effective with spring 2015 registration.
- If you have taken and passed the prerequisite course at a Los Rios College (ARC, CRC, FLC, or SCC), you are ready to register.
- If you have placed into a math or English course by taking a placement test at Los Rios College, you are ready to register.
- If you are currently enrolled in one of the Los Rios prerequisite courses, you are okay to register. However, you must earn a C or better, or you will be dropped from the higher level course.
- Prerequisites are not automatic for students who have taken a course outside of the Los Rios Community College District. Note: Non-Los Rios coursework that is in progress will not be accepted as proof of meeting a prerequisite.
a. Only the course on the pre-approved list will be automatically approved by the Admissions staff.
b. If your prerequisite course is listed on the pre-approved list, please complete the Prerequisite Equivalency Form and e-mail it- along with a copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial) to Admissions.
c. If your prerequisite course is not on the pre-approved list, please complete the Prerequisite Equivalency form and e-mail it – along with a copy of your transcript (official or unofficial) – to either the English Department, for English prerequisites review, or the Mathematics Department for Mathematics prerequisites review. Once the mathematics faculty have reviewed your course you will receive a notification through your LRCCD email, whether your request has been approved or denied.