New Student Orientation
The New Student Orientation gives you important information to help you succeed at American River College.
Attend a New Student Orientation to:
- Connect with your ARC HomeBase, your go-to space where a Success Team supports students pursuing related majors/programs
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a Counselor
- Learn about the enrollment process, services and resources, and next steps for new students
- Meet other new students and experience campus life
Orientations are offered in-person or virtually.
Prior to attending a New Student Virtual Orientation, you must have:
- Completed your ARC Application. If you have not completed your American River College application, please connect with the Student Support Center to view application resources available and receive support.
- Received your Student ID number. You can sign up for the orientation 24 hours after you get your student ID number.
- Created a Los Rios Password.
Didn't Receive Your Los Rios ID?
Check your email inbox and “junk” folder for an email from LRCCD containing your Los Rios student ID number. If you cannot find the email, use the Student ID Lookup form on the Los Rios website.If you need additional assistance, complete the ARC's Student ID Help form.
New, first-time college students.
Not your first-time in college or pursuing English as a Second Language (ESL) classes only? See information below for your next steps!
Not Your First Time in College?
If you’re coming from another college, currently enrolled at another college or have units from another college, and you are interested in pursuing a degree at ARC your transcripts may need to be evaluated. Please see Get Started and Apply for information.
- To get help with selecting courses, please make an appointment with a counselor.
- For transcript submission information, see Submit Transcripts and Test Scores.
Current or Returning American River College Students
Students who want to enroll in only ESL courses are not required to attend the New Student Orientation. Visit the ESL Placement page for more information.