Counseling and Transfer Services
ARC Counseling provides students with personal and academic counseling to help students achieve their academic and career goals. Counselors are available to help make sure students start off on the right track by developing an education plan of the courses needed to achieve their goal of an Associate's degree, transfer to a four-year institution, or completion of a certificate; even if you’re unsure of your educational goal. Our counseling team is here to help you succeed! If you are new to ARC or currently attending, we encourage you to see a counselor at least once a semester but you are welcome to see one as often as you like. Counselors can assist with the following needs:
- Help determining your academic, career or personal goals
- Educational planning
- Evaluation of courses taken at another college
- Overcoming barriers in achieving your goals
- Petitioning for graduation
- When having difficulty in your courses or if you have been placed on academic probation/dismissal
How to Schedule a Counseling Appointment
You can now schedule a virtual/phone appointment online two weeks from the current day.
- Appointments are taking place via zoom or phone calls.
- There are no In-Person appointments available at this time, as the campus is closed.
Simply Book Online below to schedule your counseling appointment. Students must have completed an ARC Application 24 hours before attempting to schedule an appointment online. New appointments are added early every day.
Note: All full-time counselors attend staff meetings every
Tuesday during fall and spring terms from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Update: We are experiencing very high demand for online scheduling. Appointments fill very quickly each day, we advise students to check the system early each day for new appointments one week from the current day.
If you are unable to schedule an online appointment, please call the Counseling Center at 916-484-8572 to speak with the Counseling staff and schedule your appointment.