Below you'll find library video tutorials, handouts, research tutorials in Canvas and more.
The following online video tutorials will provide guidance on the research process:
- How to choose a research question
- Cite sources in MLA style, including 8th edition updates
- Formatting your paper in MLA Style
ARC Library Research Tutorials in Canvas
After logging in to Canvas, click on Enroll in Course . Each of the 7 self-paced online modules takes about 15-30 minutes to complete. You can do just a few, or all the modules. Students can get a certificate of completion for each module. Topics include:
LRCCD Information Evaluation Website: A website with resources, readings, and lesson ideas for evaluating information and spotting "fake news." Created by the LRCCD Librarians.
The following sites provide guidance on evaluating all types of information:
- ARC Library's How to Evaluate Information
- CRAAP Test from CSU, Chico
- Evaluating Information from Purdue University Libraries
- Evaluating Information from Indiana University Libraries
The following site lists evaluation criteria specifically for information found on the web:
- My Library Account
- Faculty Services