Skip to Content


Print Options

Transfer to Private Colleges

Even if American River College does not have a transfer agreement with a private or out-of-state college to which you want to transfer, you can probably receive academic credit for most of your community college classes. Most four-year institutions give full credit for general education courses and other courses designated for transfer at community college.

In addition, many out-of-state colleges participate in the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE), which offers discounts to California students in certain majors.

Find Out Transfer Requirements

Many colleges require transfer students to have completed a certain number of units, so make sure you check the requirements of the college to which you want to transfer. Transfer requirements are generally outlined in a college's catalog.