Pride Learning Community
The learning community welcomes both LGBTQIA+ community members and our allies to this year-long program that includes reserved college transferable courses, culturally-enriching activities, life-changing experiences, and meaningful opportunities for success.
Benefits of joining the PRIDE Learning Community:
- Classes are taught by faculty allies who combine the content of courses with relevant LGBTQIA+ conversations.
- You will have a team of peers that share the same classes and receive support from instructors and a counselor to meet your educational goals.
- The PRIDE Learning Community and PRIDE Center will offer special workshops, field trips, and fun activities.
- Find a sense of belonging and a unique opportunity to succeed academically and personally with the support of your community.
As a member of the Pride Learning Community, you can select from the four classes that will be offered. You may take all of them or only one of them.
- COMM 301 - Public Speaking
- SOC 300 – Intro to Sociology
- ENGWR 300 – College Composition
- SJS 310 – Introduction to LGBTQ Studies