Asian Pacific Islander Student Center (APISC)
The Asian and Pacific Islander Center is a cultural engagement center that supports student from similar and diverse East Asian, Pacific Islander, Southeast Asian, Filipino, Native Hawaiian, and South Asian cultural backgrounds.
The center’s goal is to allow API students to celebrate their rich and diverse heritage in a safe and inclusive space. APISC hosts various culturally affirming events throughout the year, as well as, raising awareness of Asian American, Pacific Islander and Native Hawaiian experiences.
2024 - 2025 AANAPISI SCHOLARSHIP
The Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is a collaboration between APIA Scholars, AANAPISIs and the communities they serve to provide scholarships, expand institutional capacity, and mobilize local resources to help foster economic development. The AANAPISI Scholarship is available annually to students attending APIA Scholars AANAPISI partner campuses including American River College!
APPLICATION DATESFor more details about eligibility criteria please visit apiascholars.org.
- Application Opens -- September 13, 2023
- Application Closes -- January 9, 2024
- Scholarships Disbursed -– August 2024
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $10,000 awards. In addition to scholarship funds, APIA Scholars have access to leadership development, workforce readiness,mental health resources, and other culturally-specific programming designed to support them through graduation.
The AANAPISI Scholarship Program application must be completed and submitted electronically online. To access and complete the application, please follow the link below or visit apiascholars.org.
- Be able to describe their ethnicity, heritage, or ancestry in relation to the countries, territories, or lands in Asia or the Pacific Islands
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands,Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply
- Plan to enroll as a part-time or full-time student in an undergraduate degree-seeking program, during the next academic year's Fall semester
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the next academic year.
- Plan to attend one of APIA Scholars AANAPISI Partner Institutions during the upcoming Fall semester (or Winter quarter)
Monday - Thursday:
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 12:00 pm