Beacon Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leaders
Beacon SI Leaders share their knowledge with other students while themselves learning the subject better, developing greater self-confidence, learning how to lead a group, gaining work experience, and making new friends.
How to Become a Beacon SI Leader
- Get approval from a professor to become their Beacon SI Leader.
- Enroll in LRC 310 (one unit, first five-week). Note: SI Leaders conduct sessions while concurrently enrolled in LRC 310.
- Enroll in a minimum of six units at any of the Los Rios colleges.
- Maintain a minimum overall 3.0 GPA.
After you have approval from your instructor, do the following:
- Enroll in LRC 310.
- Complete the employment paperwork.
- Attend the mandatory orientation (first day of class).
Yes, SI Leaders are considered student help employees and are paid minimum wage.
It depends on the course unit and term length. The majority of groups will meet two to three hours per week outside of class.
Beacon SI Leader Resources
Worksheets must be submitted with the green student help timesheets on or before the due dates listed; if your timesheet is submitted late, this will delay your paycheck until the following month.
|January 25 to February 24
|February 25 to March 24
|March 25 to April 24
|April 25 to May 16