Skip to Content



Person sitting with a book in their lap

We offer a broad study of the fields of written and spoken language. The English division of the college includes courses in composition and technical/professional writing (ENGWR), literature (ENGLT), reading (ENGRD), creative writing (ENGCW), and education (ENGED), the descriptors in parentheses being the prefixes used in listing these courses in our catalog and schedule.

In addition to our self-contained, "regular-classroom" classes, we also offer day and evening writing classes conducted entirely in our two computer classrooms. Furthermore, we have four very effective support programs: Reading Center, Writing Center, RAD (Reading Across the Disciplines), and WAC (Writing Across the Curriculum). All four programs are housed in our, 18,000 square-foot Learning Resources Center, located next door to Davies Hall, which houses our core English programs.

How to Register for ENGWR 94

This information is designed to help students who assessed into English Writing (ENGWR) 94, Succeeding in College Composition, register for the right corequisite courses.

In addition to registering for ENGWR 94, students must also register for the corresponding section of ENGWR 300 (College Composition) that is listed in the online Schedule of Classes.

ENGWR 300 meets AA/AS graduation requirements and is transferable to a four-year college You are also required to take

ENGWR 95 or 96 and ENGRD 111

How to Register for ENGWR 94

Both ENGWR 94 and the corresponding section of ENGWR 300 must be in a student’s shopping cart at the time of registration. All sections of ENGWR 94 are connected to a section of ENGWR 300 that immediately precedes it in the course schedule.

If you try to add a section of ENGWR 94 and don't add the corresponding section of ENGWR 300 (listed in the course notes for each section of ENGWR 94), then you will get this pop up note:

"This section of ENGWR 94 is part of the 300-Plus Success Community. To enroll, you must also add ENGWR 300, DATE and TIME (SECTION #) into your eServices shopping cart. You must also enroll in any .5 unit section of both ENGWR 96 or ENGRD 111."

NOTE: If you graduated from high school in the last 7 years, you can now provide unofficial transcripts as evidence that you may be ready for a higher-level class. Registration questions can be directed to the English Office at 916-484-8101.


Road maps lay out all of the courses you need to take for a given degree or certificate.

Check Out Degree Planner

If you're interested in a transfer degree (AA-T or AS-T), then check out Degree Planner, a tool that helps you complete your degree efficiently by mapping out what courses to take and when to take them.

Degree Planner

Explore the English Course Sequence

English Course Sequence