Electrician Trainee Program
Certificate of Achievement
Residential/Commercial Electrician Trainee Certificate
This program provides instruction in the installation, operation, and maintenance of the electrical distribution systems in residential and commercial sites. Topics include safety training, AC/DC electrical theory, metering, electronics, use of electrical codes, raceways, conductors, grounding, motors, transformers, fire alarm systems, fiber optics, and Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems. It complies with state regulations to become an electrician trainee.
Catalog Date: June 1, 2021
|Course Code||Course Title||Units|
|ELTRN 110||Electrician Trainee I||4|
|ELTRN 111||Electrician Trainee II||4|
|ELTRN 120||Electrician Trainee III||4|
|ELTRN 121||Electrician Trainee IV||4|
|ELTRN 130||Electrician Trainee V||4|
|ELTRN 131||Electrician Trainee VI||4|
|ELTRN 180||Electrical Workers State Certification Preparation||4.5|
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- apply residential and commercial safety procedures on job-sites.
- analyze, interpret, and apply national, state, and local electrical codes.
- apply electrical mathematics in calculating AC/DC series, parallel, and combination circuits.
- identify different wiring methods for conductors, cables, and conduits.
- analyze functions of blueprints, specifications, schedules, addenda, and revisions in construction.
- describe the function, operation, and characteristics of a system and individual components of the system such as burglar alarms, fire alarms, information transport, HVAC, etc.
Upon completion of the Residential/Commercial Electrician Trainee program, students may find employment in the following industry sectors: government, residential and commercial construction and maintenance, utilities, and facilities management.