Get the Financial Help You Need
Money shouldn't get in the way of getting a college education. The Financial Aid Office is here to help you get the financial support you need to afford college.
Apply for Financial Aid Today!
The first step to getting financial help is to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you are not a US citizen, permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen, you will need to fill out the California Dream Act Application instead of the FAFSA.
American River College's federal school code is 001232.
Types of Financial Aid
- Promise programs offer first-time, full-time students one year of tuition-free education at our colleges.
- Grants come from the federal or state government. Typically, you do not have to pay grants back – they are essentially free money.
- A direct loan or private loan is money you borrow that you have to pay back with interest.
- A scholarship is money given to you by a college or outside organization to help pay for your education or related expenses.
- The federal work-study (FWS) program provides jobs to students to help them pay for their educational expenses.
Additionally, our colleges offer a variety of veterans' benefits and programs that provide financial assistance to veterans and their dependents.
Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
Did you know you can lose your financial aid if you don't meet certain requirements? Make sure you maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) to keep your financial aid.
Phone: (916) 484-8437
FAX: (916) 484-8640
Confidential FAX: (916) 978-0266
Note: Your student ID and verification PIN are required before we can answer questions about your financial aid file.
Supervisor: Robin Gallowglas
Monday through Thursday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Closed on Fridays
Computer lab hours:
Currently closed due to COVID-19
We are located inside the Welcome and Support Center.