The social dimension encourages connecting with others and contributing to one’s community, with the understanding that satisfying relationships are basic to physical and emotional health. LGBTQI+
- The Genderbread Person helps to better understand the terms sex, orientation, identity, and expression.
- The Gender Unicorn is an interactive tool to explore gender identity and expression – its fun.
- Learn more about LGBTQ terms.
- The Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) are clubs on school campuses that build community, awareness, and safe spaces.
- Lambda Legal "making the case for equality" - Basic Facts About LGBTQ.
- Genderspectrum - Understanding Gender
- This website is tailored to youth but has good information for any age on how to maintain or create healthy relationships. If you are in a relationship where you are being harmed, there is help here too.
- Beaver Food Pantry - This service is open to all ARC students, faculty, and staff. The Beaver Food Pantry was started in Fall 2017 in collaboration with the Sacramento Food Bank and Family Services.
- Take the Hunger Quiz to find out what resources you have available to you!
- Learn more about how students can qualify for CalFresh Food Benefits
- Legal Resource for Homeless Youth
- Homeless Youth Handbook was developed through a multi-partner effort including Bay Area Legal Aid, the Tipping Point Community, Google, and Baker McKenzie. This tool is rich in information.
- 2-1-1 California is a statewide network consisting of county databases of resources and information regarding service providers or community agencies, such as emergency housing or public benefits, transportation, or health care. This is a 24/7 service. Simply dial 211 from your telephone to be connected, or go online to the 2-1-1 webpage to find resources in your county. 2-1-1 is not currently available in all counties, please check the website for availability.
- If you or someone you know is homeless, take the Homeless Quiz to find out if you're familiar with all the resources you can use.