Home Why ARC? Facts and Statistics Institutional Learning Outcomes
Upon achievement of their intended educational goal (degree, certificate, or set of courses) at American River College, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate personal and professional readiness for career and/or academic advancement.
- Demonstrate skills and behaviors which contribute to inclusive and respectful communication of diverse ideas and beliefs.
- Utilize a variety of methods to communicate effectively.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Use various technologies to collect information and solve problems.
- Critically evaluate information to develop informed perspectives on a variety of issues, problems, and challenges.
- Contribute to society using personal knowledge, resources, and skills.
- For students earning degrees, demonstrate an understanding of basic content and methodology for the major areas of knowledge: arts and humanities, mathematics, natural sciences, and social sciences.