Upon achievement of their intended educational goal (degree, certificate, or set of courses) at American River College, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate personal and professional readiness for career and/or academic advancement.
- Demonstrate skills and behaviors which contribute to inclusive and respectful communication of diverse ideas and beliefs.
- Utilize a variety of methods to communicate effectively.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Use various technologies to collect information and solve problems.
- Critically evaluate information to develop informed perspectives on a variety of issues, problems, and challenges.
- Contribute to society using personal knowledge, resources, and skills.
- For students earning degrees, demonstrate an understanding of basic content and methodology for the major areas of knowledge: arts and humanities, mathematics, natural sciences, and social sciences.