ARC Institutional Equity Plan
The Institutional Equity Plan provides the framework for ARC’s ongoing efforts to actualize its institution-wide commitment to equity and social justice. It identifies areas for continuing growth and improvement as well as creating a shared understanding of what equity means at American River College.
The plan proposes a foundation for this work as well as exploring the opportunities and challenges that surfaced in dialogue with stakeholders. This plan should be considered a living document that is regularly visited, evaluated, and adapted. The project team was comprised of a group of students, staff, faculty and administrators who contributed their efforts to development of the ARC Institutional Equity Plan.
- That an inclusive and equitable world is possible.
- All people deserve to experience their academic and professional goals free from discrimination and bias.
- The Office of Equity and Inclusion has a role in making American River College a place free from discrimination and bias.
We Are Committed To…
- Centering the humanity and dignity of all people.
- Creating an inclusive and safe campus environment for all.
- Challenging power, privilege, and oppression.
- Helping employees deepen their commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Engaging employees in self-reflection and continuous improvement regarding individual and professional equity.
- Capacity-building for all employees to better embody equity-minded practitionership.