Journey, STEM & Veterans Programs
TRIO Student Support Services (TRIO SSS) is a community driven program that holistically supports students to achieve academic and lifelong success. We are open to all majors with dedicated specialized programs for STEM and Veteran students.
American River College TRIO SSS Journey, STEM & Veterans programs are federally funded by the U.S. Department of Education. Each program supports first-generation, low-income and students with disabilities who demonstrate academic need to successfully graduate, transfer and earn a 4-year bachelor’s degree.
Providing hope and opportunity
Eligibility requirements for the program:
- Be a first-generation college student (your parents have not graduated from university)
- Have a verified physical or mental disability
- Receiving financial aid for the academic year
Dean: Kolleen Ostgaard
Director: Diana Garcia
Monday to Thursday:
8:00 am to 7:00 pm
8:00am to 5:00pm
Student Center - The Hub
A familial community that supports student success through the following resources:
- Academic Counselors
- Connections to Tutoring
- Connection to Campus and Community Resources
- Educational Enrichment Opportunities
- Financial and Economic Literacy Sessions
- Grant Aid Program
- Peer Mentor Support Groups
- Support to Complete College and Financial Aid Applications
TRIO Student Support Services participants must meet the following criteria to receive program services:
- Residency Status
- S. Citizen; or
- S. National; or
- Meet the residency requirements for Federal student financial assistance.
- Generation, Income and Disability Status
- Be a first-generation college student; or
- Low-income individual; or
- Have a documented disability.
- Enrollment Status
- Be enrolled at American River College.