The ARC EOP&S program assists students that have an economic and educational need. EOP&S is a student support program offering a variety of services to help students realize success in their educational goals. We provide services Fall and Spring semester, Summer based on funding.
- Be a California Resident (including Dreamers and AB540)
- Be enrolled in at least 12 units or more to receive services, waitlist classes do not count (unless you qualify for a DSPS unit reduction service, contact the EOP&S office for details)
- Have completed less than 6 semesters and less than 70-degree applicable units (from all colleges attended)
- Be eligible and have received the California Promise Grant
and One of the Below Criteria:
- Self-Placement results, enrolled in or previous remedial educational courses
- Did not graduate from high school and did not complete a GED or high school proficiency test
- High school GPA 2.49 or below
- You are the first in your family to enroll in college (first-generation college bound)
Steps to Apply:
- If you are not a current student, apply to American River College by completing an ARC application fofr admission and complete the college orientation
- Take the Self-Placement Test at ARC, bring a photocopy of your scores to our office, and meet with an academic counselor.
- Qualify for the California College Promise Grant at American River College.
- Complete and submit the EOP&S application.
- If you have attended college before please print unofficial transcripts (if you attended any of the Los Rios Colleges) or any college outside of Los Rios
*If you are accepted into EOP&S, you will receive an email from our office with instructions. You must be enrolled in at least 12 units for the semester and complete a mandatory orientation.
The Following Services are Offered to Active EOP&S Students (Contingent Upon Funding*)
- Academic Counseling: receive counseling for academic, career and short term personal concerns as they relate to your educational goals.
- Priority "0" Enrollment to register in classes a week before regular registration.
- Textbook Assistance to purchase books for your major or area of study on your educational plan
- Transfer Services: get fee waivers for CSU, UC, and private college applications, as well as field trips to campuses and application workshops.
- Letters of Recommendation: use these for employment and scholarships.
- Awards Ceremony: be a part of congratulating students who have completed their educational goals.
- Bulletin Announcements: keep informed of services and graduation.
- Graduation Cap and Gown: cover the cost of your graduation cap and gown.
- EOP&S Student Workshops are offered monthly. Learn about study skills, money management, career exploration, and more by attending these presentations. If you have ideas for a workshop, please let us know.
Ask EOP&S and CARE counselors and staff for more information about the life skills workshops.