CARE is a program for single parents with dependent child/children who are currently receiving TANF. CARE program assists and encourages CARE students to achieve their educational objectives and goals including obtaining job skills, successful completion of their occupational certificate, associate’s degree, and/or transfer program.
- Be accepted into the EOP&S and have completed the EOP&S orientation
- Be enrolled in at least 12 units or more to receive services, waitlist classes do not count (unless you qualify for a DSPS unit reduction service, contact the EOP&S office for details)
- Be a at least 18 years of age or older, single parent, head of household
- Parent or child must be a CalWORKs/TANF recipient
Steps to Apply:
- If you are not a current student, apply to American River College by completing an ARC application fofr admission and complete the college orientation
- Take the Self-Placement Test at ARC, bring a photocopy of your scores to our office, and meet with an academic counselor.
- Qualify for the California College Promise Grant at American River College.
- Complete and submit the EOP&S application.
- If you have attended college before please print unofficial transcripts (if you attended any of the Los Rios Colleges) or any college outside of Los Rios
EOP&S Services and:
- Referrals to support groups and workshops
- Additional assistance with textbooks and/or supplies (when funding permits)
- Assistance with additional services (meal tickets, transportation, and/or grants) when funding permits