New to DSPS? (Apply Here)
DSPS Services for New Student (Apply Here)
To initiate DSPS services, please complete the following:
- Complete the application to attend ARC. If you need more help or are having problems with the application, you should visit our Admissions and Records website for contact information to call or email as needed.
- Get copies of records verifying your disability. Students must apply to the program and submit copies of disability verification documents to DSPS in order to receive services. Your documentation should specify your disability diagnosis and ideally, any disability-related educational or functional limitations. You may bring Disability Verification Form to your healthcare provider to complete with information about your disability. Common forms of disability verification include the following:
- A note from your healthcare provider stating your disability
- Medical records containing the diagnosis of a disability
- A note from your psychologist or counselor identifying your disability diagnosis
- Records from high school documenting your disability such as an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP), 504 Plan, or Psychoeducational Evaluation
- Previous learning disability or cognitive testing results
- Other similar documentation to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Download the Application for DSPS Services to your computer and complete it using Adobe Acrobat Reader Software. Submit both completed items (Disability Verification and DSPS Application) to the DSPS Office at ARC. We encourage you to submit these materials by email at: ARCDSPSDE@arc.losrios.edu. You may also mail or fax the materials to the DSPS Office using the contact information provided on each form. Please note: There may be an additional 24-hour delay in processing documents submitted via fax.
Once your materials have been reviewed, DSPS staff will contact you to schedule an appointment with one of our DSPS Counselors to initiate services.
DSPS Phone#: 916-484-8382
DSPS Email: ARCDSPSDE@arc.losrios.edu