Skip to Content

Welcome to the ARC International Student Program!

American River College is a premier learning institution in California's capitol, Sacramento, dedicated to providing and ensuring collegiate excellence. Serving over 30,000 students, American River is one of the largest community colleges in California and is proud to welcome students from all over the world.

ARC offers many exciting programs of study at our beautiful campuses located around the Sacramento area. The community atmosphere evoked by our immense diversity is just one reason several hundred international students choose to start or continue their college experience at American River College.

In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic:

For new/initial students outside of the U.S.: In accordance with the March 2020 guidance from the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP), prospective F1/F2 students in new or initial status will not be able to enter the United States to enroll in a U.S. school as a nonimmigrant student to pursue a full course of study that is 100 percent online. This means that American River College will only be accepting initial students from outside the U.S. if they can enroll in an in-person class. Fall 2022 admissions will open in February 2022. Please check our website for an updated application at that time.

F-1 International Students Office

Associate Vice President Student Services:
Chad Funk

Contact Person:
Kayla Anaya (PDSO)
Kaela Aflleje (DSO)

Phone: 916-484-8169


8:00 am -5:00 pm

Tues / Wed / Fri
8 am - 5 pm


Office 106B - Inside the Welcome and Support Center

Thank you for your interest International Student Program

Application Requirements

For Fall Semester admissions, new/initial students must submit an application by May 1st and transfer students(F-1 students in the U.S. with active status) must submit an application by June 1st. For Spring Semester admissions, new/initial students must submit an application by November 1st and transfer students(F-1 students in the U.S. with active status) must submit an application by November 15th.

Application Requirements

Housing Resources and Partnerships

American River College (ARC) is a non-residential college campus (we do not have campus housing). Our Center for Leadership and Development (CL&D) department maintains a listing of third-party housing options for inquiring students.

Housing Resources and Partnerships

Important Application Information

As a prospective student, please consider the following information prior to applying.

Important Application Information

Maintaining International Student Status

If you are an F-1 Student, please stay updated on the requirements to maintain active status. Following these guidelines will help prevent termination.

Maintaining International Student Status

Concurrent Enrollment

Current F-1 students that would like to take a class at ARC but are not transferring their SEVIS file need the following

  • Complete an online ARC application
  • Letter of Authorization from Current School that issued the I-20
  • Copy of I-20
  • Copy of Visa
  • Copy of I-94 (both sides)
  • Proof of Medical Insurance

If you do not receive a student ID number after you submit your application, please submit your materials and the International Student Program will locate your student ID number.

Mail or scan and email your documents to:

Download International Student Admissions Packet

Maintaining Valid F-1 Status in the U.S.

Although you are not likely to have much direct contact with USCIS, you should be fully aware of the primary conditions imposed by the USCIS for you to retain your F-1 status. If you “fall out of status” for any reason, you will lose your student status, no longer be eligible to apply for work permission or other benefits afforded by your visa status. Visit our  Maintaining International Student Status page for more details.