The Los Rios Promise covers tuition for 12 to 18 units but does not cover the cost of books or other fees. Learn about other types of financial aid that can help cover your expenses.
Deadline for Los Rios Promise Program Enrollment and FAFSA Completion
Eligible students must enroll in classes and submit the FAFSA/CADAA by the following deadlines to receive Los Rios Promise funds:
- Summer 2019: June 3, 2019
- Fall 2019: August 14, 2019
- Spring 2020: January 9, 2020
- Summer 2020: June 17, 2020
- Fall 2020: September 8, 2020
- Spring 2021: February 1, 2021
To be eligible for the Los Rios Promise, you must:
- Be a California resident
- Be a first-time college student*
- Enroll in and maintain at least 12 units for fall and spring semesters by the deadline
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) by the deadline
* Courses taken during high school (through dual enrollment or advanced education) are considered "pre-college" and do not prevent you from taking advantage of the Los Rios Promise. Students who transfer from a college other than a Los Rios college are not eligible for the Los Rios Promise.
Los Rios Promise Funds for Summer Tuition Fees
To use Los Rios Promise funds to pay for your summer tuition fees, you must enroll in six or more units for the summer term by the Los Rios Promise Program Enrollment and FAFSA Completion deadline.
Eligibility for a Second Year
To apply for the Los Rios Promise Program for a second year, you must have been enrolled in at least 24 units by the Los Rios Promise Program Enrollment and FAFSA Completion deadline for the previous year.
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application (CADAA)* by the Los Rios Promise Program Enrollment and FAFSA Completion deadline. See all financial aid deadlines.
* If you are not a US citizen or permanent US resident, then you should fill out the CADAA instead of the FAFSA.