The inclusion of any rental, apartment, or agency in the Housing Binders does not represent an endorsement of services or facilities by American River College or the Center for Leadership and Development, nor does it guarantee vacancies. Please be aware that American River College does not inspect any housing facilities. We do not assume responsibility for the condition of these housing facilities, or the character of any applicant, landlord, or tenant.
American River College is a non-residential college campus. To assist students in finding housing, Center for Leadership and Development staff have compiled two binders with local apartment buildings and contact information. Sometimes, these apartment complexes may offer special "move-in discounts" or ARC student discounts. When contacting these potential apartment managers, be sure to mention that you are an ARC student and inquire about possible discounts.
The Center for Leadership and Development provides a Housing Binder for students looking for roommates. If you are looking for a roommate and would like to post an announcement, please stop by the Center for Leadership and Development to have your information included.
Top Seven Rental and Leasing Tips
- Start your apartment search early
- Call or schedule an appointment to see the rental facility
- Review leasing and rental paperwork carefully
- Ask about the additional cost associated with the lease (cable, internet, landscaping,etc.)
- Obtain and save receipts for rent payment
- Obtain and keep receipts for deposit payment
- Think about what neighborhood you would like to live in and research the resources nearby (grocery stores, access to public transportation, etc.)
The Housing Insecure Liaisons assist students with navigating resources and finding approaches to address temporary and long-term housing insecurity. The Housing Insecurity Liaisons will guide students to college and community resources; however, the liaisons are not able to guarantee long-term housing and solutions. The liaisons will provide a caring and supportive approach to assisting the students address their challenges.
In the Hub Inside the Student Center Building