Tutoring is available for all levels of Math, Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Statistics.
About Student Services Resource Center
Student Services Resource Center (SSRC) provides virtual tutoring (via Zoom) for EOP&S/CARE/NextUp, CalWORKs, DSPS and Veterans Students. The tutoring center can assist you with development of learning, problem-solving, and study strategies and improving your academic skills. SSRC Tutoring services include: The Math Success Project (MSP), Drop-In, and Individual.
- Drop-in: tutoring is available for students who need flexible tutoring time and do not need to commit a specific appointment time to attend. Drop-in is available for the following courses: Math, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Statistics.
- Math Success Project: is a unique service that provides tutoring for the student in the MSP selected class. An SSRC tutor will attend the class to observe the lecture and will assist students in class and conduct one hour of tutoring after class. MSP has been a tremendous help for student who are having difficulties in math. (MSP will not be available this fall 2020).
How Does MSP Work?
- Students must enroll in one of the selected MSP math courses (Math 100 or Math 120)
- An SSRC tutor will attend the class to observe the lecture and will assist students in class and conduct one hour of tutoring after class
- It is encourages to attend one hour of MSP tutoring after every class session, if enrolled in an MSP math course
Drop-in Tutoring is available for students who need flexible tutoring time and do not need to commit a specific time to attend. Drop-in is available for the following courses: Math, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Statistics
How Does Drop-In Tutoring Work?
- Students can come to our Student Services Resource Center anytime during our open hours
- When you walk in the tutoring center you will check in to our computer and have a seat and someone can help you at any moment
Individual Tutoring is a one-on-one basis. It is designed for students who have difficulty understanding the course material in a group setting.
How Does Individual Tutoring Work?
- It is recommended for students to apply the first week of the semester, as it is a first come first serve basis and based on tutor availability.
- You will be assigned to a tutor and will have an understanding and dedicated times with the tutor every week or as needed
Monday, Thursday and Friday:
8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday and Wednesday:
8:00am - 7:00pm
Student Services Building