Many students face various issues. In order to be intentional in meeting the basic needs of our students, The Beaver Cares Program provides one central location for our students in need. Due to remote operations many Beaver Cares services have been limited to community referrals. To assist in connecting you with the right services, please see Sacramento Community Resources (PDF). This resource document will be updated periodically to provide you with the most up-to-date information.
Beaver Cares covers a number of services:
- Homes for Beavers: Homes for Beavers serves as a housing resource hub to current and future ARC students. This project aims to provide relevant, accurate, and sustainable housing information and resources to students who seek affordable housing options and services.
Being homeless while trying to complete a college degree is always exceptionally difficult, but it has become an especially urgent issue during the pandemic. The Los Rios Offices of Philanthropy districtwide developed an Emergency Hotel Program to provide hotel stays for homeless students. This new program has allowed staff to provide homeless students shelter up to two weeks at a discounted rate through a partnership with Extended Stay America Hotels.
- Beaver Food Pantry: will be closed during the campus closure. We realize that many students benefit greatly from the support of the Beaver Food Pantry, so we have gathered Sacramento Community Resources (PDF) available within the community that may be used while the campus remains closed. For more food resources visit the Sacramento Foodbank website.
- Gowns for Grads: This program provides students with free access to graduation caps and gowns.
- Showers for Homeless Students: Showers for homeless students will be closed during the campus closure.
- Student Emergency Fund: The Los Rios Colleges Foundation Student Emergency Fund provides immediate financial assistance (usually within 24 hours) to students involved in catastrophic or unexpected emergency situations. We don't want life to get in the way of your progress towards a certificate or degree, and these one-time grants come with no repayment obligations. A student may receive a maximum of one student emergency fund grant of up to $500 during all combined enrollments at the Los Rios colleges. All awards are contingent upon the availability of limited funds, provided through generous donations.
- Textbook Scholarship: Provides a $250 gift card to ARC’s Beaver Bookstore. In development; more to come.
Donations are always appreciated to help with Beaver Cares efforts.
Donations can be made by mailing a check to:
The Los Rios Colleges Foundation
1919 Spanos Court
Sacramento, CA 95819
by enrolling in payroll deduction or online using the form below: