What Is Rising Scholars?
American River College's Rising Scholars program is committed to supporting formerly incarcerated, system-impacted students to reach their academic goals and make successful transitions back into their communities. We provide a variety of resources that help build solid pathways from incarceration to higher education — and beyond.
Beneﬁts of the Rising Scholars Program:
- Enrollment support
- Academic advising
- Employment, internship, and mentoring opportunities
- College transfer connections
- Peer networking
- A strong community
How to Join Rising Scholars:
- Complete the Rising Scholars questionnaire online
- Visit Get Started and Apply to start the enrollment process at ARC
- Visit Financial Aid and Fees to learn about the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and which financial aid opportunities are available to you. If you are not a US citizen, permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen, you will need to fill out the California Dream Act Application instead of the FAFSA.
Dean of Student Engagement & Completion:
Dr. Veronica Lopez
Student Center (inside the UNITE Center).