Cash for College Workshop Focused on Helping Hispanic Students
Date and Time
Tuesday, August 16, 2022
5:30 to 7:00 pm
This is an online event.
The California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office and the California Student Aid Commission offer a Cash for College Workshop focused on helping Hispanic students.
- Step-by-step process of applying for financial aid
- What the FAFSA is and why it’s important
- Important deadlines you shouldn’t miss
- Other sources of financial aid available to you
- Documents and paperwork you will need
- What the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) is and who is eligible - the CADAA mirrors many aspects of the FAFSA application and is for undocumented students who meet AB 540 requirements
This workshop is for:
- High school seniors
- Parents & guardians
- Emancipated minors
- Current and former foster youth
- New & returning college students of any age
One student in attendance will win a $1,000 scholarship. To enter the $1,000 scholarship drawing, students must attend a Cash for College workshop, fill out the post-workshop survey and must be Cal Grant eligible. Funds will be disbursed by a private donor and winners will be contacted in September 2022.