The American River College Catalog is a road map for you to use as you make decisions while here at ARC. Our catalog includes information on:
- How to enroll in classes
- The many programs, degrees, and certificates we offer
- Support services for students
The information in each catalog is accurate as of the time of release and does not reflect changes that may have occurred since that time.
It is the policy of Los Rios Community College District to implement policies to guarantee that no qualified student or prospective student or any person having an educational relationship with the district shall be unlawfully discriminated against, harassed, or excluded from any benefits, activities, or programs on the grounds of ethnic group identification, race, color, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth-related condition, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion or religious creed, age (over forty), national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, military and veteran status, or marital status, nor shall any students be discriminated against for conversing in a language other than English.
- 2022-2023 Catalog – June 1, 2022 Archive Version
- 2021-2022 Catalog – January 1, 2022 Archive Version
- 2021-2022 Catalog – June 1, 2021 Archive Version
- 2020-2021 Catalog – January 1, 2021 Archive Version
- 2020-2021 Catalog – June 1, 2020 Archive Version
- 2019-2020 Catalog and Addendum
- 2018-2019 Catalog and Addendum
- 2017-2018 Catalog and Addendum
- 2016-2017 Catalog and Addendum
- 2015-2016 Catalog and Addendum
- 2014-2015 Catalog and Addendum
- 2013-2014 Catalog and Addendum
- 2012-2013 Catalog and Addendum
- 2011-2012 Catalog and Addendum
- 2010-2011 Catalog
- 2009-2010 Catalog
- 2008-2009 Catalog and Addendum
- 2007-2008 Catalog
- 2006-2007 Catalog
- 2005-2006 Catalog
- 2004-2005 Catalog
For the purpose of graduating or earning a certificate from any college in the Los Rios Community College District, a student who attends at least one session (whether quarter, semester, or summer) in each calendar year at any California community college, California State University, University of California, or any regionally accredited institution of higher education, may choose to meet the requirements in effect at the Los Rios college from which the student intends to graduate, as follows:
- Requirements that were in effect at the time the student was admitted to a Los Rios college
- Requirements that were in effect at the time the student originally enrolled in an accredited college
- Requirements that were in effect at the intended date of graduation from a Los Rios college
- A college may authorize or request substitution for discontinued courses.
- Students who change their major field of study may be required to complete those requirements for the major in effect at the point of change.
- For purposes of this section, "attendance" means taking classes in at least one session (semester or summer session) in each calendar year. Absence for attendance at another regionally accredited institution shall not be considered an interruption in attendance, per Los Rios Policy P-7242: Establishing Catalog Rights.