Return of Borrowed Chromebooks, Laptops, and Library Books
August 19, 2020
The process is underway for returning any items you have that belong to the college. Pending air quality conditions, returns will be accepted:
- Monday, August 24, 10 AM to 1 PM
- Tuesday, August 25, 10 AM to 1 PM and 6 PM to 8 PM
- Wednesday, 26, 10 AM to 1 PM
- Thursday, August 27, 10 AM to 1 PM
Return your equipment or materials to the college where you received it. If you are enrolled for the fall semester and will need your borrowed Chromebook or computer, you can continue to use it through the fall semester. If you have completed your educational journey with us, please return all technology. Any other borrowed materials and equipment should be returned during this time. The return process will be drive-up or walk-up - please observe the following safety protocols:
- Follow signage and directions when you arrive on campus.
- Remain in your vehicle or walk up.
- Wear a mask while dropping off materials.
- Hold the technology or materials out of your vehicle window for staff; if you are walking up, please maintain social distancing
- Employees will wear gloves and masks.
- Please be patient as we will work to serve you as quickly as possible.
Library Books and Materials
Regardless of whether you plan on returning to us in the fall, we ask you to return all library books and materials, with the exception of electronic devices borrowed by those who plan to return in the fall.
- Return library materials (other than technology) to any Los Rios campus.
- It may take a week or more before you will see the materials checked in on your library account.
- If you cannot return materials immediately, due dates will be extended.
- Return library laptops or hotspots if you are not returning to campus for fall.
- If you have a library laptop or hotspot and are enrolled for fall, you may keep the device for the fall. Due dates will be extended accordingly.
The bookstores will not be collecting spring 2020 rental books. There will be no late fees or additional charges for these books.
Textbook rentals from the bookstores for summer 2020 (and future terms) will need to be returned to the bookstores by the rental agreement due date. For more information visit https://www.bkstr.com/losriosstore
Please return all items to the American River College main campus, 4700 College Oak Drive, Sacramento, 95841.
If you do not have a vehicle, you can use Sacramento Regional Transit to reach the main campus and return your loaned equipment or library materials by walking up. Please go to the stadium parking lot; maintain social distancing when returning your items.