Campus Construction Updates
January 10, 2020
Construction is underway on the new STEM facility on the main ARC campus. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by campus construction and thank you for your patience. We are working hard to mitigate impacts and appreciate your understanding.
As part of underground construction work, walkway access near the Welcome and Support Center building is impacted. Give yourself a little extra time getting around campus.
- The west entrance to the Welcome and Support Center building (the side facing the Administration building and College Oak Drive) is not be available because of construction; the east entrance to the building (the side facing the Student Center) is open. Signage is in place to help direct foot traffic.
- In addition, the walkway just south of the Welcome and Support Center - between Counseling/Administration and the Library - is unavailable. Pedestrians will need to use walkways either south of Davies Hall or south of the Fine and Applied Arts area (north of the Welcome and Support Center).
Some walkway access on the south side of Davies Hall will be limited because of underground work. Access to the parking lot behind the Learning Resource Center will also be affected.
As a reminder, there will be noise associated with construction work. In addition, trucks will be entering and leaving staff parking lot E during construction. Fencing is in place in staff parking lot E and around the construction zone. The student drop-off location in front of Davies Hall in Lot E is not available because of construction.
Want to see construction in action? You can watch a YouTube time-lapse video of STEM construction as of July 2019.
Completed Construction Projects
- Computer Math Complex (CMC) (Spring 2018)
- Football Stadium Scoreboard (September 2017)
- Portable Village MMLC, MESA Moves (June - August 2017)
- Athletics Asphalt Work (June - October 2017)
- Arcade Creek Pedestrian Bridge (June - October 2018)
- Monument signs (Spring 2019)
American River College Facilities
In addition to American River College's main campus, several off-campus locations host college-credit classes: the Natomas Center, McClellan Center & Sacramento Regional Public Safety Center, Mather Center, and Twin Rivers location.