Emotional wellness is about understanding your own feelings and expressing emotions in a constructive way. Check here for tools to help you develop the ability to deal with life’s stressors and challenges while completing your education. You may call the Health Center to make an appointment to speak with a counselor, too.
- What Is Alcohol Abuse and How To Treat Alcoholism
- Guide to Substance Abuse and Mental Health in College
- Addiction Guide for Friends
- At-Risk Suicide Prevention Online Trainings (Kognito)
- What do the Symptoms of Anxiety look like physically and mentally?
- Too much to handle? Find out When to Get Help for Anxiety.
- California Community Colleges Student Health Program (CCCSMHP) is a statewide student mental health program being implemented within the California community colleges. CCC SMHP is one of several Prevention and Early Intervention (PEI) initiatives funded by the voter-approved Mental Health Services Act (Prop. 63) and implemented by the California Mental Health Services Authority
- Healthjourneys - this site has clinically researched, professionally crafted, guided imagery for specific conditions, created by renowned integrative mental health pioneer Belleruth Naparstek. You can get help for anxiety and also stress, depression, post traumatic stress and much more.
- Calm - this 2017 App of the Year is available from the Apple App store for iPhones or Google Play for Android phones. The app focuses on simple guided meditations and help with sleep with songs, stories, and more. There is also a feature that promotes gentle movements, and a relaxing music section.
- Learn more about "The Trevor Project" crisis intervention and suicide prevention 24/7. Hotline: 1-866-488-7386
- Kognito: An interactive way to learn about and understand how to relate to the LGBTQ peers in college. Create an account and sign in – most people enjoy the programs. They are about an hour.
- PFLAG is an organization for friends and family of the LGBTQ Community.
- The "It Gets Better Project" is a grouping of tremendous number of videos of inspiring stories - Take a look!
- If you or someone you know is homeless, take the Homeless Quiz to find out if you're familiar with all the resources you can use.
- Mindfulness is a website designed to answer your questions.