Permanency Options: Reunification, Guardianship and Adoption (2 hours)
This is an online event.
Foster and Kinship Care
More in This Series
Permanency is the goal for children in foster care. When reunification is not possible, adoption is the most permanent option. How does guardianship compare? Join us to hear about the process, details and differences between guardianship and adoption. All participants will receive additional handouts via email.
In this workshop participants will learn about:
- The court’s role in permanency and how caregivers can participate
- Court timelines and concurrent planning
- Responsibilities of the Dependency guardian
- Differences between guardianship and adoption
- Questions and concerns young people may have about adoption
- Youth perspectives on adoption
- Resources and supports for guardians and adoptive families
Instructor: Juline Aguilar, FKCE Program Director, Folsom College