Skip to Content

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I convert an image to a PDF to submit with my application?

You will need to submit PDF documents with your application. Follow these instructions for converting an image to a PDF on your computer or mobile device.

Option 1

Follow these steps on your computer (Google Chromebook or Windows):

  1. Open the image.
  2. Right-click on the image; a taskbar will open.
  3. Select Print from the taskbar.
  4. Select Adobe PDF as the print method.
  5. Save the PDF under the correct name in a folder on your computer.

Option 2

Use the free Adobe image-to-PDF converter tool.

Option 3

From your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

  1. Open Notes and select a note or create a new one.
  2. Tap the Camera button, then tap Scan Documents.
  3. Place your document in view of the camera.
  4. If your device is in "auto" mode, then your document will automatically scan. If you need to manually capture a scan, tap the shutter button or one of the volume buttons. Drag the corners to adjust the scan to fit the page, then tap Keep Scan.
  5. Tap Save or add additional scans to the note.
  6. On the note itself, or on the individual scans inside the note, click the upload/share icon to save to a local drive or email to yourself to save on your computer.

How do I find the 5-digit course number?

  • Find the class you would like to take in the Class Schedule.
  • Make sure to check if the class is going to be asynchronous or synchronous and choose accordingly.
  • The class you choose must be held at the primary college campus you are applying to. You cannot include classes from multiple Los Rios colleges on your application. 

Watch this helpful Class Search Tool video (1 minute).

class search tool screenshot

What GPA do I include?

Use the cumulative, unweighted GPA on your most current high school transcript.

Can I retake a class I failed at my high school through Advanced Education at the college?

No. Los Rios policy states that students cannot enroll in courses requiring repetition due to unsatisfactory grades (D or F) received at the student's high school.

I can’t meet with the high school principal or counsel – who can sign to approve my classes?

Your application must be signed by your principal or an authorized signer. If the school official who signs your application is not on our list of designated signers, then they must provide a list of all authorized designees on school letterhead that is signed by the principal. If this is the case, then please include this list with your application. Applications that do not include this list will be denied.

I have a 504 plan; what services are available to me?

Enrolled students with a 504 Plan (or in special education) can learn more about the array of academic accommodations and services appropriate in a college setting from DSPS. Visit DSPS to apply for services.

Can I participate in the Advanced Education program if I am undocumented?

Yes! Additionally, Advanced Education students who are classified as California residents are exempt from the enrollment fee.

See Los Rios Regulation R-2212: Advanced Education for more details.

I am a parent, can I call to inquire about the status of my child's application?

No. Under Section 49061 of the Education Code, parents of community college students do not have a right of access to their child's student records, regardless of whether the student is under the age of 18. This includes Advanced Education students.

Can I take Advanced Education courses if I am an international student?

International students seeking to attend college under the Advanced Education program should first consult with their high school international student advisor to determine if the college coursework will be appropriate.

International students are responsible for paying non-resident tuition, enrollment, and Universal Transit Pass (UTP) fees in addition to the student representation and health services fees (for fall and spring semesters). Other conditions may apply.