Returning to ARC After an Absence of One or More Semesters

You are a returning student to ARC if you have previously enrolled in classes but have not attended in one or more semesters. You must update your admissions application before you can access the online enrollment system. If you wish to meet with a counselor, contact the Counseling Center  to schedule an appointment or to find out about the availability of drop-in counseling.

If you have completed classes at another college or university

You are considered a transfer student. You are not required to go through the same matriculation steps as new students, but it is recommended. If you wish, you may participate in:

1. Assessment
To help ensure your success, you will be placed in English and math classes that match your skill level.
2. Orientation
Orientation gives you important information to help you succeed at American River College.
3. Counseling
After you have your placement results, meet with a counselor and make a semester educational plan..

If you already have an associate degree or higher

You only need to complete the online admissions application prior to enrolling in classes. You will be eligible to register for classes during priority registration "3" or during open registration. If you need help with selecting appropriate courses for your goal, you can make an appointment to see a counselor.

Start Your Journey Now

Accelerated College Education

The Accelerated College Education (ACE) program at the Natomas Center is designed for working adults who want to be on the fast track toward a Bachelor's degree.

Accelerated College Education (ACE) program