Skip to Content
Home Admissions Get Started and Apply International Student Admission Steps Important Application Information for International Students

Interested in Attending American River College?

Listed is information you'll need to know:

  • Per federal laws, the International Student Office only communicates with the applicant directly. You must give us written permission to allow others to be included in your application process and communications. The student must request this directly from our office.
  • Look up our Associate Degree offering so that you have the correct information to include on your International Student Admission packet. Note: All students must declare a major; you cannot use "Undecided".
  • If you are under age 18 when school officially starts, you will need to submit a legal document called a Power of Attorney. A Power of Attorney (POA) for minor can be used by parents or guardians to allow a temporary caretaker to make certain decisions for their minor child over a period of time. We must receive the original POA, but it will be returned.
  • The ARC international office accepts US transferring F-1 VISA students that are in Good Status only under their current school's SEVIS I-20.
  • The International Student Office does not provide legal advice on obtaining or changing your F-1 VISA status, please check with appropriate legal/government agencies.
  • ARC does not evaluate foreign transcripts for course waivers or transfer credits. However, American River College accepts foreign transcript evaluations from specific agencies. Please inquire with the International Student Program office for more information.
  • International students cannot apply for Financial Aid in the U.S. However, we do offer payment plans through e-services, which are available to international students.
  • F-1 VISA students have strict employment guidelines. Working in the US under a F-1 VISA is prohibited except under certain conditions.
  • The Los Rios Community College District does not have dorms or housing services. Please check local Sacramento rental or housing agencies for assistance.