Before You Complete a Course Substitution Petition
- Please meet with a counselor as a petition may not be required.
- Course Substitution Petitions will not be processed without a course description or course syllabus from the year you completed the course. The course description can be found in a college’s catalog online, or you may visit CollegeSource Online to view digital college catalogs. Course descriptions give a small description of the course and what they cover, which is required to compare to the courses offered at our college.
- Send PDFs of these documents only, please.
After You Complete This Form
- Once your form is submitted, the Admissions Office will forward your online course substitution petition to the appropriate instructional department.
- The department will then return the Approved/Denied course substitution petitions to the Admissions Office.
- Please allow 2 (two) to 4 (four) weeks to process during Fall and Spring semesters. Please allow 8 (eight) to 12 (twelve) weeks for processing during the Summer term.
- The Admissions Office will email you the outcome of your course substitution petition once it is received from the instructional department.
- Your official transcripts from the college/university where you took the course must be on file with the Admissions Office.
I understand that I must have a “C” grade or better in the course requested and there must be official transcripts on file at ARC for the course substitution to be considered.