Early Childhood Education


Pleaceholder Image

The course work in the ARC Early Childhood Education department is approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing as meeting the requirements for the California Child Development Educational Permits. Students who complete selected certificates in the ECE program, along with required experience, are recommended by the American River College faculty to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing for direct issuance of Child Development Permits.

All students enrolled in coursework that requires lab work at our campus Child Development Center or at an off-campus facility, must show proof of TB Clearance (done within the previous 6 months), and documentation of all required immunizations.

For more information on ARC’s Child Development Permit Process, please review  This PDF Document.

Once you have completed the required course work for a certificate, you will need to petition for the certificate.

For information on Child Development Permits, the Permit Stipend Program, and how to contact a Professional Growth Advisor, please visit  the Child Development Training Consortium website.


Road maps lay out all of the courses you need to take for a given degree or certificate.