What is a prerequisite?
It is the intent of American River College to guide students into courses in which they will have the greatest chance for academic success. Therefore, you will find courses that have prerequisites, corequisites or advisories in their description. Prerequisites are courses that students are required to pass prior to enrollment in a particular course. You can see what the prerequisites are for a course when viewing that course in your eServices account, or by checking the ARC College Catalog.
Math Prerequisite Information
- You will need to verify successful completion of the prerequisite before you can enroll.
- If you earned a 'C' or better in the prerequisite course at a Los Rios college, you should be able to enroll.
- If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite course at a Los Rios college, you should be able to enroll - but if you do not finish the course with a 'C' or better, you will be automatically dropped before the term begins.
Otherwise, here are your options:
1. If you have completed a course equivalent to the prerequisite at another college and can provide a transcript:
Please contact the ARC Admissions office at 484-8261 or click for more Admissions information and links to the Prerequisite Equivalency Form and the LRCCD External Equivalency List. If your equivalent course is not listed, you may submit the Prerequisite Equivalency Form directly to the ARC Math Department.
2. If you are currently enrolled in an equivalent course to the prerequisite at another college:
You can wait until you complete your course and your grade has been posted, and then submit a transcript to the Admissions office.
For all other courses:
- You should plan to provide proof of passing prerequisite courses during the first few days of class. Prerequisites are listed in the course descriptions that are available online or at eServices. Check whether your course has any prerequisites, and be sure that you have met the prerequisites for your courses before enrolling.
the ARC Admissions office at 916-484-8261 or visit Admissions for the Prerequisite Equivalency Form and the LRCCD External Equivalency List.
If your equivalent course is not listed, you may submit the Prerequisite Equivalency Form directly to the ARC Math Department.