Innovation Grant Information & Application
At Los Rios, we value equity and diversity; that's why we work toward just and fair inclusion into a society in which all people can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We seek to empower marginalized voices, nurture our many identities and social circumstances, foster cultural responsiveness, and stand against all manifestations of discrimination. To address equity needs at each of our campuses, the Innovation in Education Grants Program is designed to fund projects aimed at supporting our work toward equitable outcomes such as increasing course success rates, persistence, overall GPA, and more for our Black/African American, Latinx students while also addressing systemic racism and persistent racial inequalities for our Native American and Asian Pacific Islander students.Funding is provided from generous donations from employees and the community to the ARC Fund. The grants are intended to provide an opportunity for support of special projects not funded through the normal budget cycle that directly accomplish equity goals and should be used as a one-time funding source. Innovation Grants are not intended to sustain a program beyond one year of funding.
Innovation Grants may be used to buy equipment and supplies, hire speakers and consultants, help support research, coursework, or other projects/activities directly related to the college’s institutional equity plan or the educational master plan.
Ideas for Possible Funding
- Projects that enhance teaching and learning effectiveness, improve learning outcomes, remove barriers to student success, improve transfer rates, degree attainment and certificates.
- Spaces for student belonging
- Basic needs
- Culturally relevant professional development
- Projects that increase enrollment, course success, persistence and retention
- Faculty and staff training
- Projects and needs tied to institutional planning (EMP’s)
- Sync flex classroom furniture and technology
All faculty, staff, and college-sanctioned clubs (with advisor involvement) are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to those who have not received an Innovation Grant in the past.
Application Period and Award Period:
- Information will be emailed to the college community in January and available on the Office of Philanthropy website.
- Application period: Monday, September 11, 2023 – Monday, November 6, 2023
- Award Period: Innovation Grant Recipients will be notified in late November/early December and funds will be disbursed in December/January for use in the spring or summer 2024 semesters.
Up to $10,000 is available per project.
How Funds are Disbursed:
Once recipients are notified, please submit a campus-based requisition to the ARC Office of Philanthropy to have the grant funds deposited into a Trust account.
Innovation Grant Awardees are selected by a committee comprised of the college President, Vice Presidents of Instruction, Student Services, Administration, and Equity, Institutional Effectiveness and Innovation.
What is the project budget, and how much is requested in this application? Be specific and provide a justification for your requested amounts. If applicable, what other funds have been committed to this project and from what sources?
Questions and Follow-up Follow-up:
- Contact Kirsten DuBray, ARC Regional Director of Philanthropy at 916-484-8175 or DuBrayK@losrios.edu.