Stay Connected to American River College
As an American River College (ARC) faculty, staff, or manager, your relationship with the college does not have to end after your retirement. Stay connected by joining the ARC Emeriti Association.
- Have been employed by the College/District for at least five (5) years
- Are a retiree, or resigned in good standing
- Use of a Los Rios District email account
- Access to the College/District libraries with checkout privileges and access to databases when allowed by vendor licenses
- Parking permit good for parking at the College where you are a member of the Emeriti Association
- An Emerita/Emeritus membership card
- Complimentary admission to College athletic and cultural events
- Use of College computer resources at the College
- The annual Emeriti luncheon hosted by the ARC Office of Philanthropy
New or Renewing Membership
- The annual membership is for the fiscal year
- Submit the Emeriti Application
- Make checks payable to American River College
- Mail the $30 annual fee (covering costs of your membership, parking, computers, etc.)
American River College
Office of Philanthropy
4700 College Oak Drive
Sacramento, CA 95841
Please Note: Application will not be processed until annual fee of $30 is received
If you are already a member of the ARC Emeriti Association, but need to update your contact information. Please call the ARC Office of Philanthropy at (916) 484-8174.
The Passionate Scholar
Connie Ferrara (formerly CTL | Library)
Lucille Rybka (formerly Nursing)
Linda Dixon (formerly Biology)
Patrice Gibson (formerly Anthropology)
Events for, and by, Retirees!
Since Fall 2016 (except Fall 2019), Patrice Gibson, Lucille Rybka, Connie Ferrara, and Linda Dixon have been organizing events for ARC retirees on campus. Our mission is to maintain the ties between ARC and its retired employees through lectures and cultural events.
The idea is to connect and enjoy a lecture in The Passionate Scholar series, presented by a subject expert, often a retiree. These talks can include director's preview talks for ARC theater productions. The talks are scheduled when parking is relatively easy, Fridays 10:30 -11:30 am, and usually take place in the Center for Teaching and Learning in the Library. For those who want to walk over to lunch, we reserve Oak Cafe seats in advance. It's fun and stimulating!
How to sign up!
The Acorn is a retiree newsletter, not part of the College. The emailed newsletter is distributed about twice a semester and offers information on upcoming events. Sign up for it by contacting Patrice at Patrice.Gibson1@gmail.com. When the newsletter arrives, register for events of your choice.
Like you, we are ARC retirees. Thank you for your suggestions of possible ARC presenters! This helps us develop future offerings.