Charitable Giving Information
Thank you for interest in donating to support American River College. The following provides
information on several convenient ways to support the college, programs and students:
How to Give and Benefits
Make your check payable to the Los Rios Colleges Foundation and mail with a note designating the area you wish to support:
American River College
Office of Philanthropy
4700 College Oak Drive
Sacramento, CA 95841
You can create a lasting legacy that will benefit the students and college by naming American River College in your estate plans. Learn about how to make a planned gift.
Gifts of property for use by the college are called in-kind donations.
- American River College may accept non-cash or "in-kind" donations of equipment or materials if they can be used to the benefit of college programs and services.
- Please contact the Office of Philanthropy at (916) 484-8174 to verify that the donated equipment or materials can and will be used in support of educational programs or services. Please complete the Non-Cash Donation Form below. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires the donor to provide the reasonable market value for any in-kind donation.
- After completing the donor portion of the Non-Cash Donation Form, the donor sends the form to the Office of Philanthropy. This office will coordinate delivery of the donation with the donor and the dean of the area receiving the gift.
- As soon as the donation has been delivered to the appropriate department and the Non-Cash Donation Form is signed by the receiving department, the Office of Philanthropy will then send a letter of acknowledgment to the donor, along with a copy of IRS Form 8283, if needed.
Thank you for considering a gift of stock to the Los Rios Colleges Foundation. There are many ways to make a meaningful impact at Los Rios, including gifts of stock that often come with significant tax benefits. Please consult your tax advisor with questions about the deductibility of these gifts and how it applies to your personal tax situation.
For your convenience in making a gift of publicly traded shares of stock to the Foundation, simply follow the steps below:
- Please call your broker and let them know that you want to make a gift of shares to the Los Rios Colleges Foundation.
Your broker will want to know the name of the stock and the number of shares you are contributing. In addition, your broker will request the following information:
- Account Name: Los Rios Colleges Foundation Account Number: 838-010738 DTC #: 0015
- Please notify us to expect the transfer. In most cases, we receive a transfer with no identifying information, and we want to be able to credit you for the gift and designate your gift correctly.
The Los Rios Colleges Foundation will provide a tax receipt for the fair market value of the gift, which the IRS defines as equal to the average of the highest price and lowest price on the day we receive the transfer.
Wire transfers will be facilitated by Graystone Consulting, our investment firm.